Sunday 8 May 2011

IN3D Week 2 Lab

Blocks Modeling

Train

Reflection for Blocks Modeling/Train
It is always the beginning part of modeling the shapes that I find it tough to do. I spent a very long time to model the blocks because I had to use the different techniques such as beveling, or changing the shapes into something else. I could not follow the instructions well, therefore I had to slowly find where are the tools to do the shapes in Maya. Eventually, when i managed to model the blocks, I applied similar techniques to model out a train. Thus, the train was easy for me to do.

Gear

Reflection for Gear
For this exercise, I find it quite fun to create the gear. I did not have as much problems doing it compared to the blocks modeling.

Cardboard Box

Reflection for Cardboard Box
I'm having problems doing the flaps of the box so I just did what I can. It was very tedious because I had a hard time following the instructions on Olive since it is a different version of Maya just like the rest of the exercises. I took a few hours just to get the box into this shape. I tried to bend the flaps to make the crumpled-effect but failed, because when i bend it, the flaps went out of shape. Perhaps I must have done something wrong in the previous step.

1 comment:

  1. Your train set looks great - attendance taken.

    The gear looks good too.

    Not too bad for a start on the box.

    ReplyDelete