Saturday 7 May 2011

IN3D Week 1 Lab 2

Original Robot
Front View

Top View

Modified Robot - Name: KC
Front View

Side View

Description:
KC is a female robot. She is intelligent in such a way that she can invent her own things. One day, she was alone at home feeling bored and restless. Thinking of something to do, she decide to create a toy for her to play with. Despite the fact that the making of the toy may take a few hours to complete it, KC did not give up. She managed to slowly do it step by step, and after 6 hours later, she finally completed her new toy.

A sketch of a companion robot

Ocean Shader Animation

Reflection
I had a hard time doing the robot. At first, I could not get the hang of positioning all the parts together because I wasn't quite used to using the 4 different panels. I was also not sure about which polygon to use for different parts of the body such as the spring in the middle of the original primitive robot. But the more I did, I began to be familiarize with using Maya. As for the ocean, I find it quite interesting to do because I didn't know that we could use Maya to create a real life object, from a sketch to the real thing. 

1 comment:

  1. All the modeling in the post is great. The ocean looks real too. You have lighting?

    ReplyDelete