Friday 4 May 2012

Week 1

Faucet Drops

Light Bulb

Recycle Bin


Blood Splatter


Motorcycle


Sky Replacement


Set Extension


Orchard ION


Halo Reach Launch



Reflection
This is my very first exercise on After Effects. There are quite a number of things for me to learn. It was quite complicated to do at first because I had to do it step-by-step. Some of the video tutorials are very long when in fact, the steps to do After Effects is quite short. It took me a while to complete an exercise. The things that I have learn so far were animating and compositing Basics, key-framing, masks and mattes, creating transparency, motion tracking and replacement. I did the replacement of text, and how I could adjust the speed of animation. These are similar to Flash. Masks and mattes are used in green screen post-processing. From my point of view, masks and mattes are something like replacement - to replace a certain object with another object. Also, I have learn that motion tracking allows the insertion of computer graphics into live-action video with the right position, scale, orientation, and motion relative to the photographed objects in the shot. It is used to track camera movement. Overall, I still find After Effects interesting if only I'm able to do more than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment